1 btl. Chardonnay reduced to 1 3/4 cups
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp orange zest
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes (halved)
Sugar Crust Topping
(With your hands mix the sugar, flour and butter
until small crumbs form. Set aside.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Simmer Chardonnay over medium heat until reduced in half to approximately 1 3/4 cups.
Add 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside to cool.
3. Grease and flour a large angel food cake or chiffon pan.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
5. Place the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment.
6. Add butter, olive oil, lemon zest, orange zest, and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes on medium high until smooth and fluffy.
7. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each
8. Turn speed to low and alternate between the flour mixture and wine until fully mixed.
9. Pour half the batter into prepared cake pan, sprinkle with half the grapes. Pour remining batter into the pan and top with remining grapes.
10. Sprinkle sugar crust topping over cake and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Lower oven temp to 350 degress.
12. Bake for an additional 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
13. Let sit for 30 minutes before removing from pan.