1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
½ pound shiitake mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
Salt and ground black pepper
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon pimentón (smoked paprika)
1½ cups dry red wine
1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
¾ cup milk
1 pound ground lamb
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
3 large eggs, beaten
½ cup currants or raisins
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 1T of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; saute for 7-10 min until golden brown & caramelized. Remove from pan.
3. Next sautee mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, season with salt & pepper. Remove from pan.
4. Sautee garlic in 1T of olive oil for 1 minute. Mix Dijon, Worcestershire, tomato paste, and
pimentón. Add to pan with garlic. Cook for 1 min and then add wine. Reduce heat and cook until it resembles a thick sauce, 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Mix breadcrumbs and milk, set aside.
6. In a large bowl, mix lamb, beef, thyme, pepper flakes, eggs, mushrooms, onions, wine mixture, 1½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix until well combined.
7. Add in in breadcrumb mixture, currants, and parsley and mix.
8. Divide into two equal logs and place on foil or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
9. Bake until a meat thermometer registers 160, about 40 to 45 minutes.
10. For an impressive, brown exterior, broil on high for a minute or so. Let rest five minutes;slice and serve.
11. Serve with O’Brien Estate Seduction & enjoy!