1 1/2 pounds halibut pieces
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8-12 4” corn tortillas
Vegetable oil for frying
1 ripe avocado
2 cups shredded cabbage
¼ cup cilantro leaves
½ cup sour cream
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 limes, juiced
1 lime, zested
1 small clove garlic finely minced
1/8 teaspoons paprika
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse halibut and cut into ½ – ¾ inch cubes. Pour 4 tablespoons lime juice over fish: sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice & zest, garlic, paprika,
chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Pour ½ inch oil into a large nonstick frying pan. When surface looks rippled, drop a tortilla into oil and cook, turning once, until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly. Repeat to fry remaining tortillas. Discard oil and wipe pan clean.
4. Set pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add fish to pan along with lime juice, cover, and cook until opaque in the center (cut to test), 4-6 minutes.
5. Place a fried tortilla on each plate and layer equally with shredded cabbage, halibut with its juices, crema, avocado slices, cilantro leaves, and fresh salsa. Serve with slices of lime.
1. Place the finely chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
2. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until very hot but not boiling.
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 4-5 minutes. Stir using a rubber spatula (over)