1/2 c. Dried Cherries
1/4 c. Merlot
1/2 c. Cocoa Powder
3/4 c. All Purpose Flour
1/4 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Salt
5 1/2 T Unsalted Butter
3/4 c. Dark Chocolate (chopped)
1 c. Sugar
1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
3/4 c. Chopped Walnuts
Fleur de sel
1. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper and preheat the over to 320 degrees.
2. Add dried cherries and wine to a small sauce pan and pour in enough wine to cover the cherries. Bring to a boil, then turn off and set aside. Let the cherries cool.
3. Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
4. Add the butter and chocolate together in a large metal bowl and heat over a pan of simmering water until melted and mixed together. Do not let the mixture boil. Immediately take off heat once the mixture is melted and allow to cool slightly.
5. Add the sugar to the melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
6. Next, add the espresso, vanilla, and 2 eggs. Whisk until smooth.
7. Fold the flour mixture into the melted chocolate in 2-3 batches. Mix until the batter has an even consistency (it will be really thick!).
8. Strain cherries and add to mixture. Add in the chopped walnuts and mix.
9. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 320 degrees for about 30 minutes. 10. Remove from over and sprinkle with a little fleur de sel. Allow to cool completely (1-2 hours) and cut into squares. Serve with O’Brien Estate Romance or Merlot.